President's Day Weekend
February 15-18, 2019
USA Hockey Sanction #:
Registration is open!
If you are trying to register and are having problems or your division is closed, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
We may be expanding certain divisions and cloing others early.
- Escondido Ice-plex
- Salvation Army Kroc Center
- San Diego Ice Arena
- Poway Ice Center
- UTC Ice
Click Here for venue directions.
The below divisions will be accepting entries. Some divisions may be combined and some may be split due to the number of entries. If your team's division does not fill, you will be contacted to play up or receive a refund. Many divisions fill quickly and the tournament normally fills completely by late November, so register early.
- 8 & Under (Mite) A & B-Half-Ice
- 10 & Under (Squirt) A, BB, B
- 12 & Under (PeeWee) AA, A , BB, B
- 14 & Under (Bantam) AA, A & B
- 16 & under A / High School JV
- 16 & under AA
- 18 & Under AA / High School Varsity
We plan to offer both High School divisions and age group levels. Once entries are confirmed, we may combine some of the older divisions and divide some younger divisions.
Entry Fee includes guarantee of 4 games, great competition, top referees, Gold, Silver & Bronze medal presentation, and opportunity for your team to participate in a Torch Lighting Ceremony before the San Diego Gulls game. Fees are non-refundable after December 14, unless a division does not fill.
January 1, 2019
Sign up early - many divisions fill up quickly
- Cancellation deadline - December 14, 2018
- If a team cancels before Dec. 14, there is a $100 cancellation fee
- Non-refundable after December 14, 2018
TORCH LIGHTING CEREMONY
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Time: TBD - announced after schedule is out
California Winter Games will host a Torch Lighting Ceremony on Saturday, February 16th at San Diego Ice Arena. Family and friends will gather around the ice for the Torch Lighting Ceremony where teams will be introduced on the ice. Team captains will pass the torch before the caudlron is lit.
Athletes should wear tennis shoes and their team jersey. Teams will be escorted by 2 coaches.
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Time: Immediately following Torch Lighting Ceremony
4 players from each team will participate in 1 of 3 events - Target Shooting, Speed & Breakaway. Teams must submit their player's names by January 31.
Skills Registration Form
Target Shooting: Targets will be attached to the net and each player will have 10 pucks to shoot as many targets as possible in 2 minutes.
Speed: Each skaters will skate one lap as fast as possible. Holding their stick is permitted.
Break Away: A goalie and a shooter participate. We keep stats on goalie saves and goals made by the shooter.
Prizes for winning team in each division and winner of each event.
California State Games Athlete Night at the San Diego Gulls
Saturday, February 23 | 7:00PM **Week after Tournament**
Valley View Casino Center
Wear your jersey and medals as we celebrate youth sports at the San Diego Gulls game. The first 150 Summer or Winter Games athletes to purchase tickets can participate in the Athlete Parade on the ice during the 1st intermission and be live on the jumbotron. Exclusive experiences and giveaways for everyone include:
- CSG Parade of Athletes (1st intermission) – First 150 athletes to purchase tickets can parade onto the ice in their jerseys. Only 2 coaches allowed per team. Wear sneakers and jerseys. Open to all CSG athletes in any sport.
- High-5 Tunnel (2nd intermission) – Highest selling CSG team or group can participate in the high five tunnel *athletes only*
- Zamboni Ride (2nd intermission) – General raffle for all CSG ticket buyers
- Country tailgate party on the parking lot, 5pm-7pm
- Country hat giveaway to all ticket purchasers at game while supplies last. Athletes, friends, supporters and fans are all welcome!
DISCOUNT TICKETS ORDER FORM - Buy discount tickets or fundraise for your team.
DISCOUNT TICKETS ONLINE - Buy discount tickets and share link with friends.
MANDATORY HOTEL BOOKING POLICY
To participate in the 2019 California Winter Games, all teams are required to book hotel accommodations at one of the listed CSG host hotels offered at discounted prices. See Hotel Discount page for details on rates and how to book your rooms.
Teams choosing not to book hotel rooms at our host hotels are required to pay a $100 Deviation Fee per team made payable to California State Games. Upon completion of paid Deviation Fee, teams are accepted into the tournament. Deviation fees may be mailed in or paid online through our registration system.
Exemptions: Teams residing in San Diego, Orange or Riverside County are exempt from the mandatory Hotel Booking Policy.
- RESIDENCE INN SAN DIEGO NORTH/SAN MARCOS, 1245 Los Vallecitos Blvd, San Marcos
Studio King Suite w Pull Out Sofa & Full Size Kitchen: $139/night +tax
Team reservations Contact Penny La Madrid (760)591-9828 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Call Ins 1(800)331-3131 reference California State Winter Games
Additional Tournament Information:
- BRING ROSTER STICKERS FOR SCORESHEETS (16 stickers- enough for 4 games)
- First games will be held in the morning on Friday starting at 8am. Schedules will not be revised for a team's specific travel plans. Teams may submit a schedule request before December 14 via email to email@example.com.
- Cal State Games reserves the right to close a division before the registration deadline. Many divisions fill up fast.
- Championship games will be played on Monday. Final game on Monday is estimated to be finished by 4pm.
- Home teams wear DARK jerseys and Away teams wear LIGHT jerseys.
- All teams must show proof of USA Hockey team registration, team roster and release forms for each player prior to their first game. Coaches must sign the scoresheet before each game.
- Most teams will play 15 minute stop time periods. 5 minute warm up time. No over time shall be permitted. Complete rules are posted above.
- See 8U Mite rules for their details.
- Rosters should be submitted with the entry form. Birthdate of each player needs to accompany the roster.